Carpenter // Job Summary
The Carpenter will use woodworking skills to build and repair various structures and scenic pieces.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Collaborates with project managers concerning work orders, prints, and sketches to understand the structure that needs to be built or repaired.
- Estimates equipment, tool, and material requirements for each job.
- Builds, dismantles, and repairs structures and scenic pieces as assigned.
- Operates all necessary tools to complete a job.
- Ensures tools and equipment are properly cleaned, stored, and maintained for optimum performance and safety.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills + Abilities
- Thorough understanding of the correct and safe operation of all related tools and equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work accurately and quickly.
- Ability to take accurate measurements and calculations.
Education + Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3-4 years related building and fabrication experience.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to squat, lift, stretch, and bend in order to reach all areas of the facility.
- Must be able to work in and on overhead structures, as well as below machinery.